Job Title: Breakfast with Books Program Facilitator
Reports to: Breakfast with Books Manager
Status: Non-Exempt, Part-time
Date: July 11, 2018
Spread the Word Nevada is dedicated to advancing early childhood literacy by placing books into the homes of children within Southern Nevada’s at-risk, low income communities. Through community collaboration, mentorship and family partnership programs, Spread the Word Nevada fosters reading and language development opportunities ultimately leading to brighter academic and economic futures for these children. We are dedicated to changing the lives of at-risk children, one book at a time.
The goal of Breakfast/Snack Time with Books is to help instill the importance of reading with children in partnership with their families. Each month, students and their parents, grandparents, guardians, and siblings are invited to share in a breakfast or afternoon snack and story reading at the elementary schools we serve. Every person who attends also receives a book to keep and a simply outlined literacy expansion activity to take home and implement, which reinforces the concepts presented during the program.
The Breakfast/Snack Time with Books Program Facilitator must be highly motivated, be able to multitask, have good communication skills, have excellent organizational skills, be flexible, think quickly and remain composed in unexpected situations. The candidate must be able to work independently with little daily supervision. This position reports directly to the Breakfast with Books Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Speak and read in front of an audience
- Develop and nurture relationships with school personnel and families
- Track and record program data monthly
- Conduct program surveys with school sites on a yearly basis
- Substitute at other school sites as needed if available
- Passion for Spread the Word Nevada’s mission
- Ability to comfortably speak to large groups
- Outgoing, positive and energetic
- Team player
- Basic knowledge of technology including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Must be available to work before and/or after school to facilitate the program at multiple school sites. Hours vary by week according to the schools’ schedules.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Use of reliable personal vehicle, valid auto insurance and valid driver’s license
Paid holidays based on hours worked
Application deadline: August 3, 2018
Spread the Word Nevada is an equal opportunity employer and encourages persons to apply regardless of their race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, age, handicap, disability, familial status, political affiliation or beliefs.
It is the policy of Spread the Word Nevada that all employees are employed at will of both the employee and Spread the Word Nevada.