Job Title: Program Assistant
Reports to: Volunteer Manager
Status: Non-Exempt, Part-time 25 hours per week
Date: September 19, 2018
Spread the Word Nevada is dedicated to advancing early childhood literacy by placing books into the homes of children within Southern Nevada’s at-risk, low income communities. Through community collaboration, mentorship and family partnership programs, Spread the Word Nevada fosters reading and language development opportunities ultimately leading to brighter academic and economic futures for these children. We are dedicated to changing the lives of at-risk children, one book at a time.
Assists with all aspects of preparing books for distribution, as well as, working with volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate book cleaning events
- Speak in front of large groups of people
- Interact with volunteers
- Sort gently used books
- Oversee the boxing of books for distribution
- Pull books for distribution
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds
- Ability to use a pallet jack
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Required to work evenings and Saturdays
- Other duties as assigned
- Familiarity with children’s literature
- Effective in providing instruction to large groups of people
- High school degree
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows software including Outlook,Word,Excel, and PowerPoint
- Valid I.D.
- Outgoing, positive and energetic
- Flexibility with work assignments
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities
- Ability to work independently
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player
Paid holidays based on hours worked
Spread the Word Nevada is an equal opportunity employer and encourages persons to apply regardless of their race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, age, handicap, disability, familial status, political affiliation or beliefs.
It is the policy of Spread the Word Nevada that all employees are employed at will of both the employee and Spread the Word Nevada.
Please fill out the application below and send your résumé to Debbie Sandusky at Debbie@spreadthewordnevada.org