Position Title: Production Manager
Reports to: Director of Programs & Warehouse Operations
Supervises: Warehouse Associates & Warehouse Volunteers
Employment Status: Full-time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Revised Date: October 5, 2020
At Spread the Word Nevada, we are dedicated to advancing early childhood literacy by placing books into the homes of children within Nevada’s at-risk, low-income communities. We are looking to hire a Production Manager to fill an immediate opening.
Full-time Monday – Friday, 40-hour workweek with some occasional nights and weekends
All serious Production Manager candidates are encouraged to read through this entire posting before applying.
Spread the Word Nevada Overview
Spread the Word Nevada was formed in February 2001 by Co-Founders, Laurie Hartig and Lisa Habighorst.
Spread the Word Nevada is dedicated to advancing early childhood literacy by placing books into the homes of children within Nevada’s at-risk, low-income communities. Through community collaboration, mentorship, and family partnership programs, Spread the Word Nevada fosters reading and language development opportunities ultimately leading to brighter academic and economic futures for these children. We are dedicated to changing the lives of at-risk children, one book at a time.
Spread the Word Nevada has various programs that they support, coordinate, and facilitate to advance childhood literacy. Programs include the Kids to Kids program, the Breakfast/Snack Time with Books program, the Books & Buddies program, the Books on Break program. Currently, the Organization’s programs are being implemented, supported, and utilized throughout a continuously growing number of elementary schools throughout the Greater Las Vegas Valley and Washoe County, Nevada.
We are Deeply Committed to Equity & Diversity
Spread the Word Nevada strives to recruit a diverse team of leaders. We believe there is a transformative academic and social benefit for children when their Program Directors, Managers, Facilitators, Coordinators, and Volunteers reflect a diversity of backgrounds. Our employees agree that the organization provides a welcoming environment given their background and identity.
The Production Manager oversees all aspects of the production operations as it pertains to order fulfillment, inventory integrity, and the movement of goods in/out of the warehouse. The Production Manager provides leadership development and direction with a warehouse team. The ideal candidate is exceptionally detail-oriented and able to track multiple facets of the warehouse at any given time. They must be forward-thinking and able to anticipate outcomes to improve strategies and decisions. They must be proficient using Microsoft Office Programs and a Warehouse Management System.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Supervise daily activities of the warehouse, including quality assurance, inventory control, space management, and floor productivity
- Schedule warehouse associates daily work assignments and set daily expectations in accordance with the demand of business needs
- Manage the storage of inventory in a manner that maximizes the utilization of the facility and ensures the efficiency of operation and inventory procedures
- Work with Program team on the production schedule
- Manage E-commerce inventory and shipments (including Amazon)
- Perform metrics reporting and data analysis tasks to identify issues and opportunities for process improvements
- Maintain effective and clear communications on warehouse projects, challenges, and achievements with Program Director, on a regular basis
- Ensure all Federal and State Mandated Safety regulations and standards are followed on behalf of the Organization.
- Manage consumable supplies within budget Manage and maintain working relationships with all vendors associated with STWN
- Work with the Logistics Coordinator on implementing safety training for the organization
- Operate a variety of warehouse equipment and vehicles; utilize a variety of hand tools, forklifts, and other items as required
- Maintains a safe driving record and appropriate driver’s license classification in the instance that operating agency vehicles may be required
- Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the Director of Programs and Warehouse Operations that are related to the fundamental aspects of the Production Manager or related positions
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; coaching and counseling employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s HR policies, SOP’s and compliance and regulatory laws
- Manage the scheduling, staffing, timekeeping for the Warehouse Associates
Education and/or Experience Requirements
- High school diploma required; 4-year college degree preferred
- 3-5 years of related experience in warehouse management
- Minimum of 2 years experience of leading a productive team of 10+ employees
- Knowledge of Inventory and Warehouse Management Systems preferred
- Communicate regularly with your colleagues and build positive relationships
- Demonstrate proficient use of Microsoft Office Programs and Warehouse Management System
- Demonstrate and promote the company vision and values
- Ability to operate and achieve/maintain Forklift Operator Certification
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams and PowerPoint
- Must possess proficient ability to communicate in English in oral and written format
- Must be a strong collaborator and team player
- Effective communicator
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Ability to apply independent discretion and judgment
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Nevada State Drivers’ License, proof of current automobile insurance and automobile registration
Below are some of the qualities a Production Manager will exhibit:
- Passion for the mission
- Creative and innovative
- Ethical behavior
- Donor-centered with a focus on building long-term relationships
- Commitment to fostering teamwork
- Leading by example, through thoughtful planning and decision making
- Strong organizational skills
- Problem-solving capabilities
- Strategic and forward thinker
- Great Communicator
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand frequently; walk frequently; sit; use hands and fingers to point, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee is required to lift to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to excessive heat, wet and/or humid outside conditions. Due to working in the office, warehouse, and/or school setting, the noise level in the environment is moderate to high, at times.
- PTO Plan
- Medical Plan available after sixty days of employment
- Paid holidays – 9 days per calendar year
- 401K plan available after six full months of employment
- Download and fill out application: Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF
- Send completed application, resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A background check will be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
POSTING CLOSE DATE: REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS WILL BEGIN IMMEDIATELY. POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.