|Position Title||Reports To||Supervises|
|Program Facilitator I||Program Manager||N/A|
|Employment Status||FLSA Status||Salary Range|
|Part Time||Non-Exempt||$13.00-$15.00 / hour DOE|
At Spread the Word Nevada, we are dedicated to advancing early childhood literacy by placing books into the homes of children within Nevada’s at-risk, low-income communities. We are looking to hire three part-time Program Facilitators to fill immediate openings. The following shifts are available:
- Shifts vary depending on school schedules – 2 hour shifts in the morning between 6:30 am – 9:30 am, Tuesday – Friday if a Breakfast with Books school
- Shifts vary depending on school schedules – 2 hour shifts in the afternoon between 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm, Tuesday – Friday if a Snack Time with Books school
- Each program at a school is ~ one and a half (1 1/2) hours long from set up to clean up. Travel to and from a school depends on location so reliable transportation is required. There is a STWN van available at the Henderson office that can be booked in advance and used as needed.
All serious Program Facilitator I candidates are encoutaged to read through this entire posting before applying
Spread the Word Nevada Overview
Spread the Word Nevada was formed in February 2001 by Co-Founders, Laurie Hartig and Lisa Habighorst. Through community collaboration, mentorship and family partnership programs, Spread the Word Nevada fosters reading and language development opportunities leading to brighter academic and economic futures for these children. We are dedicated to changing the lives of at-risk children, one book at a time. Spread the Word Nevada has various programs that they support, coordinate, and facilitate to advance childhood literacy. Programs include the Kids-to-Kids program, the Breakfast/Snack Time with Books program, the Books & Buddies program, and the Books on Break program. Currently, the Organization’s programs are being implemented, supported, and utilized throughout a continuously growing number of elementary schools throughout the Greater Las Vegas Valley and Washoe County, Nevada.
We are Deeply Committed to Equity & Diversity
Spread the Word Nevada strives to recruit a diverse team of leaders. We believe there is a transformative academic and social benefit for children when their Program Directors, Managers, Facilitators, Coordinators and Volunteers reflect a diversity of backgrounds. Our employees agree that the organization provides a welcoming environment given their background and identity.
The Program Facilitator I conducts Breakfast/Snack Time with Books (BWB/STWB) programs at school sites. This program models reading stories aloud. Family members who attend with their children have the opportunity to learn tips and techniques to use at home.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Facilitate Breakfast with Books/Snack Time with Books (BWB/STWB) program at assigned schools.
- Engage families using varied story telling techniques to bring the story to life
- Communicate and interact with school administration and program manager, including monthly reminders to schools.
- Track and report each school’s statistics.
- Take on additional BWB/STWB schools and/or substitute as needed.
- Attend monthly BWB/STWB staff meetings.
- Pick up program supplies prior to events as needed.
- Share reading tips with families.
- Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the Breakfast Snack Time with Books Manager or Director of Programs that are related to the fundamental aspects of the Program Facilitator I or related positions.
Education and/or Experience Requirements
- High school diploma required
- Skill in speaking to large groups
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must possess proficient ability to communicate in English in oral and written format
- Use of reliable personal vehicle, valid auto insurance and valid driver’s license
Certificated, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Nevada State Drivers’ License, proof of current automobile insurance and automobile registration
Below are some of the qualities a Program Facilitator I will exhibit:
- Motivated and flexible self-starter
- Outgoing, positive and energetic
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Team player
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand frequently; walk frequently; sit; use hands and fingers to point, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to excessive heat, wet and/or humid outside conditions. Due to working in the office, warehouse and/or school setting, the noise level in the environment is moderate to high, at times.
Paid holidays based on hours worked
401K plan available after six full months of employment
- Fill out this Job Application
- Send cover letter and resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A background check will be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.