Position Title: Breakfast with Books Program Facilitator
Reports To: Breakfast/Snack Time with Books Manager
Employment Status: Part-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $12.50-$15.00 / hour DOE
At Spread the Word Nevada, we are dedicated to advancing early childhood literacy by placing books into the homes of children within Nevada’s at-risk, low-income communities. We are looking to hire three part-time Program Facilitators to fill immediate openings. The following shifts are available:
• Shift one – 2 hour shift each day primarily in the morning between 6:30 am – 10:00 am, Monday – Friday for total hours of 9-12 hours per week
• Shift two – 2 hour shift each day primarily in the afternoon between 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday for total hours of 6-10 hours per week
• Shift three – 2 hour shift each day primarily in the morning between 6:30 am – 10:00 am, Monday – Friday for total hours of 3-6 hours per week
All serious Program Facilitator candidates are encouraged to read through this entire posting before applying.
Spread the Word Nevada Overview
Spread the Word Nevada was formed in February 2001 by Co-Founders, Laurie Hartig and Lisa Habighorst.
Through community collaboration, mentorship and family partnership programs, Spread the Word Nevada fosters reading and language development opportunities ultimately leading to brighter academic and economic futures for these children. We are dedicated to changing the lives of at-risk children, one book at a time.
Spread the Word Nevada has various programs that they support, coordinate and facilitate to advance childhood literacy. Programs include the Kids to Kids program, the Breakfast/Snack Time with Books program, the Books & Buddies program, the Books on Break program. Currently, the Organization’s programs are being implemented, supported and utilized throughout a continuously growing number of elementary schools throughout the Greater Las Vegas Valley and Washoe County, Nevada.
We are Deeply Committed to Equity & Diversity
Spread the Word Nevada strives to recruit a diverse team of leaders. We believe there is a transformative academic and social benefit for children when their Program Directors, Managers, Facilitators, Coordinators and Volunteers reflect a diversity of backgrounds. Our employees agree that the organization provides a welcoming environment given their background and identity.
The Breakfast with Books Program Facilitator conducts Breakfast/Snack Time with Books (BWB/STWB) programs at school sites.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Facilitate Breakfast with Books/Snack Time with Books (BWB/STWB) program at assigned schools.
• Communicate and interact with school administration and program manager, including monthly reminders to schools.
• Track and report each school’s statistics.
• Take on additional BWB/STWB schools and/or substitute as needed.
• Attend monthly BWB/STWB staff meetings.
• Pick up program supplies prior to events
• Share reading tips with families.
• Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the Breakfast Snack Time with Books Manager or Director of Programs that are related to the fundamental aspects of the Breakfast with Books Program Facilitator or related positions.
Education and/or Experience Requirements
• High school diploma required
• Proven skill in speaking comfortably to large groups
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Must possess proficient ability to communicate in English in oral and written format
• Use of reliable personal vehicle, valid auto insurance and valid driver’s license
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Valid Nevada State Drivers’ License, proof of current automobile insurance and automobile registration
Below are some of the qualities a Breakfast with Books Program Facilitator or BWB/STWB Program Facilitator will exhibit:
• Motivated and flexible self-starter
• Outgoing, positive and energetic
• Ability to work with a variety of personalities
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently
• Team player
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand frequently; walk frequently; sit; use hands and fingers to point, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to excessive heat, wet and/or humid outside conditions. Due to working in the office, warehouse and/or school setting, the noise level in the environment is moderate to high, at times.
Paid holidays based on hours worked
401K plan available after six full months of employment
• Complete online application at www.spreadthewordnevada.org
• Send resume and preferred shift to: Jill Heintz, Breakfast with Books Manager, email@example.com
• A background check will be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
Posting Close Date: July 19, 2019
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.