Position Title: Receptionist/Marketing Assistant
Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration
Employment Status: Full-time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Effective Date: May 20, 2020
Spread the Word Nevada Overview
Spread the Word Nevada was formed in February 2001 by Co-Founders, Laurie Hartig and Lisa Habighorst.
Spread the Word Nevada is dedicated to advancing early childhood literacy by placing books into the homes of children within Nevada’s at-risk, low-income communities. Through community collaboration, mentorship, and family partnership programs, Spread the Word Nevada fosters reading and language development opportunities ultimately leading to brighter academic and economic futures for these children. We are dedicated to changing the lives of at-risk children, one book at a time.
Spread the Word Nevada has various programs that they support, coordinate, and facilitate to advance childhood literacy. Programs include the Kids to Kids program, the Breakfast/Snack Time with Books program, the Books & Buddies program, the Books on Break program. Currently, the Organization’s programs are being implemented, supported, and utilized throughout a continuously growing number of elementary schools throughout the Greater Las Vegas Valley and Washoe County, Nevada.
We are Deeply Committed to Equity & Diversity
Spread the Word Nevada strives to recruit a diverse team of leaders. We believe there is a transformative academic and social benefit for children when their Program Directors, Managers, Facilitators, Coordinators, and Volunteers reflect a diversity of backgrounds. Our employees agree that the organization provides a welcoming environment given their background and identity.
The Receptionist/Marketing Assistant represents the organization and engages in all interactions with a professional demeanor and representation. The Receptionist/Marketing Assistant is responsible for greeting visitors, clarifying the purpose of the visit, and directing visitors, vendors, clients, volunteers, donors, and fingerprint customers to appropriate locations and parties. The Receptionist/Marketing Assistant also notifies personnel of visitor’s arrival and is also responsible for answering all incoming calls in a uniform and timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answering, assisting, and directing all incoming telephone calls to appropriate parties in a professional and courteous manner
- Performing related clerical work, such as filing, copying, and sorting mail distribution
- Performing fingerprint duties including collecting payment and fingerprint process
- Ensuring all monetary donations are acknowledged with proper thank you letter in a timely manner
- Using applicable software programs to create inventories drop-off donation of books
- Providing administrative, development and marketing support when needed
- Draft press releases in AP style.
- Assists Marketing Manager with the gathering of social media content, including research articles, stories, resources, photos/videos, and other content that is relevant to the organization’s mission and brand.
- Take photos and videos of warehouse activities as needed.
- Must have experience with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google Drive, and Dropbox. Please note, a personal account is required for using Facebook.
- Pull reports on Donor View.
- Attend third party events to photograph for social media as needed.
- Keep photos and other media organized and updated.
- Assemble and mail collateral to donors.
- Act as the point person between Development and Program departments for collateral, media, or content requests.
- Assist Marketing Manager with media projects as needed.
- Performing other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience Requirements
- High school diploma required
- College degree/classes in marketing preferred
- Spanish speaking is a plus
- Two years of reception experience (or equivalent customer-related ability)
- Two-years Marketing experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite/365, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint, and PowerPoint
- Must possess proficient ability to communicate in English in oral and written format
- May be required to work evenings and weekends on occasion
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Nevada State Drivers’ License
- Current Nevada State Driving Record
Below are some of the qualities a Receptionist/Marketing Assistant will exhibit:
- Outgoing, positive, and energetic
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and with interruptions
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand frequently; walk frequently; sit; use hands and fingers to point, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee is required to lift to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to excessive heat, wet and/or humid outside conditions. Due to working in the office, warehouse, and/or school setting, the noise level in the environment is moderate to high, at times.
- PTO Plan
- Medical Plan available after sixty days of employment
- Paid holidays – 9 days per calendar year
- 401K plan available after six full months of employment
- Download and fill out application: Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF
- Send completed application, resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com
- A background check will be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
POSTING CLOSE DATE: REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS WILL BEGIN IMMEDIATELY. POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.