Position Title: Warehouse Associate
Reports to: Program Manager – Washoe
Employment Status: Part-time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Spread the Word Nevada Overview
Spread the Word Nevada was formed in February 2001 by Co-Founders, Laurie Hartig and Lisa Habighorst.
Spread the Word Nevada is dedicated to advancing early childhood literacy by placing books into the homes of children within Nevada’s at-risk, low income communities. Through community collaboration, mentorship and family partnership programs, Spread the Word Nevada fosters reading and language development opportunities ultimately leading to brighter academic and economic futures for these children. We are dedicated to changing the lives of at-risk children, one book at a time.
Spread the Word Nevada has various programs that they support, coordinate and facilitate to advance childhood literacy. Programs include the Kids to Kids program, the Breakfast/Snack Time with Books program, the Books & Buddies program, the Books on Break program. Currently, the Organization’s programs are being implemented, supported and utilized throughout a continuously growing number of elementary schools throughout the Greater Las Vegas Valley and Washoe County, Nevada.
Currently, the Organization’s programs are being implemented, supported and utilized throughout a continuously growing number of elementary schools throughout the Greater Las Vegas Valley and Washoe County, Nevada.
We are Deeply Committed to Equity & Diversity
Spread the Word Nevada strives to recruit a diverse team of leaders. We believe there is a transformative academic and social benefit for children when their Program Directors, Managers, Facilitators, Coordinators and Volunteers reflect a diversity of backgrounds. Our employees agree that the organization provides a welcoming environment given their background and identity.
The Warehouse Associate position assists with all warehouse-related operations under the direction of the Program Manager – Washoe.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Assist with maintenance of the physical condition of the warehouse.
- Assist with performance of detailed manual inventory counts
- Assist Driver with deliveries and pick‐ups, as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the Program Manager – Washoe that are related to the fundamental aspects of the Warehouse Associate or related positions.
Education and/or Experience Requirements
- High school diploma required
- Handle the loading and unloading of vehicles
- Ensure all accidents or injuries are reported immediately
- If driving company vehicles must comply with all federal, state and local laws regulating safe driving and maintain a safe driving record and appropriate driver’s license classification while operating agency vehicles
- Assist with volunteer cleanings under the supervision of Program Manager – Washoe
- Operate pallet jack to maneuver pallets
- Basic knowledge of Windows-based personal computers and software systems including proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Possess proficient ability to communicate in English in oral and written format
- Follow all health and safety procedure and regulations as dictated by the organization and the state
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Nevada State Drivers’ License, proof of current automobile insurance and automobile registration
- Current Nevada State Driving Record
Below are some of the qualities a Warehouse Associate will exhibit:
- Outgoing, positive and energetic
- Motivated and flexible self-starter
- Ability to think independently and interdependently
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Personal commitment to safety and safe practices
- Team player
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand frequently; walk frequently; sit; use hands and fingers to point, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee is required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to excessive heat, wet and/or humid outside conditions. Due to working in the office, warehouse and/or school setting, the noise level in the environment is moderate to high, at times.
In addition, the following condition will be required:
- Typical warehouse/delivery truck setting, diverse surroundings with unpredictable environments such as
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. Scheduled hours may change based on business need. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
- Download and fill out application: Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF
- Send completed application and resume to: HR, email@example.com
- A background check will be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.