Position Title: Warehouse Manager
Reports To: Program Director
Supervises: Warehouse Coordinator, Warehouse Lead, and Part-Time Staff
Employment Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Revised Date: May 4, 2020
At Spread the Word Nevada, we are dedicated to advancing early childhood literacy by placing books into the homes of children within Nevada’s at-risk, low income communities. We are looking to hire a Warehouse Manager to fill immediate openings.
Full-time Monday – Friday, 40-hour work week with some occasional nights and weekends
All serious Warehouse Manager candidates are encouraged to read through this entire posting before applying.
Spread the Word Nevada Overview
Spread the Word Nevada was formed in July 2001 by Co-Founders, Laurie Hartig and Lisa Habighorst.
Spread the Word Nevada is dedicated to advancing early childhood literacy by placing books into the homes of children within Nevada’s at-risk, low-income communities. Through community collaboration, mentorship and family partnership programs, Spread the Word Nevada fosters reading and language development opportunities ultimately leading to brighter academic and economic futures for these children. We are dedicated to changing the lives of at-risk children, one book at a time.
Spread the Word Nevada has various programs that they support, coordinate and facilitate to advance childhood literacy. Programs include the Kids to Kids program, the Breakfast/Snack Time with Books program, the Books & Buddies program, the Books on Break program. Currently, the Organization’s programs are being implemented, supported and utilized throughout a continuously growing number of elementary schools throughout the Greater Las Vegas Valley and Washoe County, Nevada.
We are Deeply Committed to Equity & Diversity
Spread the Word Nevada strives to recruit a diverse team of leaders. We believe there is a transformative academic and social benefit for children when their Program Directors, Managers, Facilitators, Coordinators and Volunteers reflect a diversity of backgrounds. Our employees agree that the organization provides a welcoming environment given their background and identity.
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, and monitoring logistics operations, including warehousing, inventory control, safety, transportation and supply chain processes. As a supervisor, the Warehouse Manager schedules and oversees warehouse staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop strategic strategies to streamline processes and reduce cost
- Have experience implementing a new inventory system
- Perform metrics reporting and data analysis tasks to identify issues and opportunities for process improvements
- Maintain effective and clear communications on warehouse projects, challenges and achievements with Program Director, on a regular basis
- Maintain all Federal and State Mandated Safety regulations and standards on behalf of the Organization.
- Manage labor hours, consumable supplies and logistics within budget and work schedule goals
- Manage the receipt and transportation of donated books
- Manage the storage of inventory in a manner that maximizes the utilization of the facility and ensures the efficiency of operation and inventory procedures
- Manage inventory software and maximize use of the software
- Manage online and bulk sales processes
- Manage and maintain working relationships with all vendors associated with STWN
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local laws regulating safe driving
- Maintains a safe driving record and appropriate driver’s license classification in the instance that operating agency vehicles may be required
- Safety Training and annual follow up training as required for all employees, including all departments within the organization
- Exemplify and constantly emphasize proper lifting techniques to all staff members
- Supervise and participate in, when necessary, the loading and offloading of vehicles, containers, etc.
- Operate a variety of warehouse equipment and vehicles; utilize a variety of hand tools, forklifts, and other items as required
- Arrange for maintenance and repair of all warehouse equipment as needed
- Ensures all accidents or injuries are reported immediately or within 24-hours within the Warehouse department
- Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the Program Director that are related to the fundamental aspects of the Warehouse Manager or related positions
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; coaching and counseling employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s HR policies, SOP’s and compliance and regulatory laws
- Manage the scheduling, staffing, timekeeping for the Warehouse
Education and/or Experience Requirements
- High school diploma required and 3-5 years of related experience in warehouse management
- Knowledge of Inventory and Warehouse Management systems preferred
- Communicate regularly with your colleagues and build positive relationships
- Encourage & practice a tidy work environment in the office, warehouse, and all electronic follow-ups.
- Ensure you and your staff present a professional corporate image at all times through presentation, dress code, and behavior
- Demonstrate and promote the company vision and values
- Working knowledge of Department of Transportation regulations and enforcement preferred
- In depth knowledge and hands-on experience with all Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards and regulations pertaining to Warehouse and Logistics Operations preferred
- Ability to operate and achieve/maintain Forklift Operator Certification
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must possess proficient ability to communicate in English in oral and written format
- Must be a strong collaborator and team player
- Effective communicator
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Ability to apply independent discretion and judgment
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Nevada State Driver’s License.
- State of Nevada DMV Driver’s Record, as required.
Below are some of the qualities a Warehouse Manager will exhibit:
- Passion for the mission
- Creative and innovative
- Ethical behavior
- Donor-centered with a focus on building long-term relationships
- Commitment to fostering teamwork
- Leading by example, through thoughtful planning and decision making
- Strong organizational skills
- Problem solving capabilities
- Strategic and forward thinker
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand frequently; walk frequently; sit; use hands and fingers to point, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often exposed to excessive heat, wet and/or humid outside conditions. Due to working in the office, warehouse and/or school setting, the noise level in the environment is moderate to high.
- PTO Plan
- Medical Plan available after sixty days of employment
- Paid holidays – 9 days per calendar year
- 401K plan available after six full months of employment
- Download and fill out application: Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF
- Send application, resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A background check will be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
Posting Close Date: Review of applications will begin immediately. Position open until filled.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.