Book Donation Tips
- New and gently used books are welcomed
- Pre-K – 5th grade reading levels preferred
- No encyclopedias, coloring books or books with a library’s dewey decimal tags on them
- If you are in state or out of state and would like to donate books, Zappos for Good offers complimentary shipping for book donations!
- For help on book drives & donations, click the button below!
Complimentary Book Donation Shipping:
Community Book Drives
3 Steps For A Successful Book Drive
Step 1: Let Spread the Word Nevada know you’re interested in hosting a book drive by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Select dates of when you’d like to conduct efforts (most drives are about 2-4 weeks long) and set a goal to motivate and inspire people to donate.
Step 2: Promote your book drive as much as you can through email, social media, public postings, newsletters, word of mouth, etc. Include info about Spread the Word Nevada, guidelines for donations, and details about when and where to drop off books. Feel free to download this flyer to help with your efforts.
Step 3: Celebrate your accomplishment! ✨ At the end of your book drive, place the books in sturdy boxes and either drop them off at our office or call us at 702-564-7809 to schedule a pickup.
Book Collection Sites
Virtual Book Drives
Broaden your impact by hosting a virtual book drive. Every $2 donation made allows Spread the Word Nevada to purchase a brand new book for a child to cherish.
Virtual book drives may be done as a separate event or used to support a traditional book drive. To launch your virtual book drive, click the button below to get started!